domingo, 6 de diciembre de 2020

Post 6: A subject you’ve enjoyed studying this semester

My favorite course this semester is a sociology elective, which is called Speech Analysis, taught by Professor Manuel Canales. What we do in the classes is to analyze opinion columns on national contingency, regardless of the author's political position, within the analysis, we pick quotes that provide us with information about the thesis that each author explains. Once this is done, we analyze the context in which the opinion column was written and the intention that the author has with the listener. After this is finished, we make a summary report, which should contain a brief synthesis of the text and identify the central idea of ​​the author, applying identification techniques such as grounded theory and discourse analysis. I like this course, because it requires a lot of highly complex analysis, and you must be constantly asking yourself questions and at the same time be informed of all the contingency. It has also helped me a lot to review other courses prior to this one, which forces me to be frequently studying the rest of the subjects in the syllabus and at the same time refreshing concepts that I had supposedly already forgotten.

1 comentario:

Blog Post 7: Changes to my study programme

This exercise is interesting, because my case is quite particular. When I started studying sociology in 2016 it lasted 10 semesters. However...