domingo, 30 de mayo de 2021

Blog 4: Soccer passion of crowds


Soccer is one of my favorite hobbies without a doubt, as I like to practice it and also watch it.

However, when I got into college, I stopped playing and watched it less often, since student’s

duties and long commutes to college took most of my free time . In the context of a pandemic, I

have resumed this hobby, which has been necessary to face the academic and social stress that we

are going through.


The positive thing about this is being able to see Deportes Melipilla in the first division after 13

years of absence, which has been very gratifying. The most important victory that Deportes

Melipilla has had this year has been against Universidad Católica, the current champion and one of

the participants in la Copa Libertadores, which makes the victory even more valuable. The negative

one is that this Saturday, Deportes Melipilla, suffered the worst defeat of the tournament against

Deportes La Serena by 5 to 1, which saddened me. This weekend I was able to see the Champions

League finals between Chelsea and Manchester City. The result was 1 to 0 in favor of Chelsea,

which made me happy, as N'Golo Kanté plays for the Chelsea, a humble player, who overcame

poverty and who has maintained his humility, despite being a star.


In short, I like football, because it is a door for people with limited resources to rise above their

limitations and a small team can beat the more powerful ones.

2 comentarios:

  1. Kanté it´s just from another planet. And being fan of a regional club it´s so cool. Repect on that!

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Hi Víctor! :)
    the history of Kanté is incredible, I was also looking forward to champions League finals.

    ResponderEliminar

Blog Post 7: Changes to my study programme

This exercise is interesting, because my case is quite particular. When I started studying sociology in 2016 it lasted 10 semesters. However...