domingo, 1 de noviembre de 2020

Post 2: Why did you choose this career/study programme?

When I grew up, I wanted to be a painter, since I liked to draw landscapes, recreate the reality that is around me; it was also a way to channel and express my feelings. Another of my dreams was to be a musician, since I was really into bands such as Pearl Jam, Alice in Chains, Los Prisioneros, Los Tres, among others. The career options I had at the time I was applying for college was a BA in History, Sociology and Anthropology. What made me opt for sociology was the higher level of employability it offered, compared to the other programs I was considering.


My experience at the university has been quite vertiginous, I have gone through very good times, and I have met friends with whom I have worked very well and I have felt comfortable studying with, since it has allowed me to learn from their experience. However, I have also had bad experiences that have made me question if this career is the one I want to pursue once I finished university. I have failed branches that have delayed me, and that has frustrated me a lot. Once I get the degree, I would like to work with social organizations that are making an attempt to change the system in terms of social and economic equality.

2 comentarios:

  1. I like Los prisioneros too, which is your favorite song?

    ResponderEliminar
  2. I sincerely hope you can achieve your goals, need to change the system

    ResponderEliminar

Blog Post 7: Changes to my study programme

This exercise is interesting, because my case is quite particular. When I started studying sociology in 2016 it lasted 10 semesters. However...